Friday, April 13, 2012

My journey in the club

Time flies and I’m already going to graduate this year. I would honestly say that my 4 years in the drama club was a really memorable experience for me and I hope it was for the rest of the graduating seniors as well.

I still remember when I first came in the club in 2009, it was the SYF year. As a sec 1, I participated as a crew member. Trainings were really tough as we kept practising and stayed till late hours (there was once we stayed in school till 9pm!) and I believe it was even tougher for the seniors. I remember myself complaining a lot because of the late trainings but I really admired the seniors for the amount of effort they put in training endlessly.

In sec 2, I was given more responsibilities as an exco member. Being an exco member is when I started to see how much the exco does for the club. Senior exco: I really admired u guys as I saw how much u guys were willing and had worked for the club to make the club an AWESOME club. Thank you seniors for watching over and also helping us juniors with whatever tasks we were given. I really enjoyed the times when we worked closely together<3

In sec 3(2011), it was a really hectic year, having 3 performances in a row, but it was very heartening to see how we pulled through it and grown as a club. Climbing out of the school during the syf period because we stayed to make props till too late and all the shutters were closed was really a new experience for me! Also, during the end-of-year performance, when there was quite a few of us who fell sick, I was really touched to everyone caring and supporting one another and made this production yet another success. It wasn’t easy, but we did it! :) I hope going through this much, everyone gained a thing or two at least.

Sec 3 was also the year I took over as the President of the club. I would like to be honest now and say that I really was unsure if I could really do this job well. I never thought that I would become the President. Thank you Joshua for always being there and guiding me even after u stepped down. I really really appreciate it. Being the President let me gained exposure, learning about leadership qualities, etc. This allowed me to develop even further. I hope that I have done well in my 1 year as your President. Thank you exco for working with me for the past year! <3

Coming to sec 4, it’s my last year in the clubL Although I didn’t really participate in anything, I was really glad to see the new batch of sec 1s performing with the sec 2s in the human values competition. After watching the video, I would say that it was good, considering it was the first time most of u guys are performing. Continue the hard work and strive for the better!

Today, we had our last training together and I really want to thank you guys for making it memorable for me. Though we just played Captain’s ball, it was really nice to see everyone participate actively and working well together. (I’m really happy to see everyone like bond together like during camps and games like this.)

Even after the game ended, a lot of u guys still stayed and we slacked together and that was really a nice time together. It was really touching to know that u guys will miss us :’) I will miss you guys and all the fun and craziness too! I will remember all the hugs and love from u guys <3 not forgetting my last DRAMA WHOOSH with u guys!

All in all, thank you everyone who made my life in the Drama Club such a memorable one.

Next year will be another SYF year-hope you guys will grow to be confident and committed members and continue our hardwork and traditions and do your best to achieve greatness together as one united club!

-Yu Xin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments